Japanese Ramen and Sushi Cooking Class (Intensive) with Cooking with Yoshiko
December 6 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Learn the art of making signature Japanese Ramen and Sushi in this INTENSIVE, HANDS-ON and FUN workshop to make yourself your favourite dishes at home. This workshop combines BOTH the Superfood Ramen Cooking Class and Superfood Sushi Cooking Class for a whole-day intensive workshop.
Follow detailed demonstrations by celebrated chef Yoshiko Takeuchi, who has had over twenty years experience and has frequented some of Sydney’s top kitchens, authored two cookbooks and worked on shows like The Biggest Loser.
Did you know?
* Most Japanese restaurants use lots of MSG in their cooking!
* These restaurants also don’t use traditional miso and soy sauce which means the food loses taste AND nutrition!
But don’t worry! This class is MSG free and we will use only traditional, high-quality Japanese ingredients to make our food yummy and healthy.
You will follow traditional methods replicable at home, including essential Japanese seasonings, cooking techniques and a variety of yummy recipes, whilst learning how to maximise the health benefits of Japanese ingredients.
Some examples from our Ramen class menu:
* Shoyu Ramen (soy sauce-based)
* Shoyu konnyaku ramen
* Miso ramen – using alive miso
* Create yummy ramen toppings
* Master cooking the best egg-free ramen noodles!
* Green leaf salad with carrot and miso dressing – using alive young white miso
* Dairy Free Blancmange
Some examples from our Sushi class menu:
* How to make sushi rice perfectly
* Multiple sushi techniques:
• Thin roll
• Thick roll
• Inside out roll
* Fillings including homemade tempura
* Homemade miso soup
*All classes served with alkaline water & Matcha green tea
N.B. Also, all of Yoshiko’s classes (except the “Japanese Cooking Class (Advanced)”) are suitable for vegans.